1 h4, 45 mins + 2 hour cool
Makes 1 pie
3 cups Josh Pond frozen wild organic blueberries
3 cups fresh rhubarb, cut into ½-inch pieces
¾ cup granulated sugar + more for sprinkling
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch ground cardamom
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
1 egg white + 1 tablespoon water, beaten
A double recipe of your favorite flaky pie crust, chilled
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Gently transfer your pie dough into a 9” pie plate.
3. Combine blueberries, rhubarb, sugar, lemon juice, salt, nutmeg, and cardamom in a large bowl. Add flour and stir to combine.
4. Transfer filling to your dough-lined pie plate and sprinkle the butter evenly on top.
5. Gently place remaining dough round over top of filling. Trim overhang to ½-inch then tuck edges under and crimp using thumbs and pointer fingers. Cut 6 lines on top to vent.
6. Brush dough with the egg white wash.
7. Transfer pie to a baking sheet and bake until crust is light golden brown, 25 minutes.
8. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F, rotate baking sheet, and continue to bake until crust is golden brown, 30 minutes. Sprinkle sugar over top of crust and bake until crust is deep golden brown and filling is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
9. Transfer pie to a wire rack; let cool completely, at least 2 hours.