Makes one cocktail
- 1/2 oz wild blueberry simple syrup (see below)
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz gin
- 2 oz champagne
For the wild blueberry syrup
- 1/2 cup Josh Pond frozen wild organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- To make the syrup, put the blueberries, sugar and ¼ cup of water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until the blueberries pop and the color is bright. Strain through a fine strainer/sieve or cheesecloth and set aside to cool.
- To make the drink, put the blueberry syrup, lemon juice, and gin in a cocktail shaker with some ice.
- Cover and shake (or stir well) to cool the mixture then pour into a champagne flute, straining to hold back the ice.
Carefully top up the glass with champagne.
Garnish with a handful of Josh Pond's frozen wild organic blueberries, then serve