- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni or fusilli pasta
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups 2% milk, warmed
- 3 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (1 lb) shredded Josh Pond Meddybemps cheese
- 1 cup (1/2 lb) diced Josh Pond Whiting Robiola cheese
- 1 cup (1/2 lb) crumbled Josh Pond Esker Blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook macaroni in a 6-qt. stockpot according to package directions for al dente. Drain; return to pot.
- In a large saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; whisk in warmed milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheddar, Meddybemps, Whiting Robiola, Esker Blue cheeses, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add to macaroni, tossing to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese and melted butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown.Top with chives and serve warm.