Makes 1 loaf
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
3 large ripe bananas, mashed, plus 1 halved lengthwise for decoration
3 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup dark brown sugar, plus more for coating
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a light-colored sauté pan, brown the butter and set aside. In a small bowl, reserve 2 tablespoons of the browned butter for basting; let cool slightly.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the mashed bananas with the eggs until fully incorporated.
4. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together until just combined. Pour in the 8 tablespoons of melted brown butter and stir until fully incorporated. Gently mix in the frozen blueberries.
5. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle some remaining blueberries on top. Dip the 2 banana halves in some brown sugar cut-sides down; dust off any excess sugar. Place the sugared bananas in the batter cut-sides up and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
6. Once the banana bread has finished cooking, brush the top with the 2 tablespoons of reserved browned butter. Allow the banana bread to cool; serve slightly warm or completely cooled.